Sunday, January 3, 2010

Still Catching Up On Delayed Blog Entries... Cars for now!

I still lack a lot of entries especially for the holidays but this particular entry is not to make up for it... YET. 

Since I am short of time at the time of writing, I'd like to talk about car names...

I'm not really the type who names everything. I don't even name my guitars, but it's funny how some of the cars I've driven over the years seem to get names from me. 

My first car was a '67 Mustang. It's with my dad now. It didn't have a name since I figured "Mustang" would DEFINITELY stand on its own hehe

I also then used to drive our family car which was a Lancer box type model. It didn't have a name... but if I were to give it a name today, it'd be "fleshy" since it was one of those weird "flesh" colored Lancers had back then. 

I then used another Lancer which was a '91 model. I grew up with that car and so far, it's the one who "witnessed" my growth. It also grew old with me that it eventually showed its age that's why I ended up calling him "Tuklap" coz of the chipping off of the paint. During college, we had its color changed so it was kinda distinct and even if it was a Lancer, which was pretty common, everybody knew that car and aside from being Tuklap, he was famously known as "CKG" from its plate number. I had a funny meaning for it using CKG as an acronym but I won't divulge it here coz it might come off weird if you don't know me personally hehehe

Currently, my car today, which is a Toyota Camry '97, is called "Chamy." I know it has the lamest name of all for a car but the night I was deciding which car to get, I made a joke (which most parts of it I already forgot) about getting the H from the Honda logo to join it to the Camry name since I was choosing between an Accord and a Camry. At the time of the joke, it was indeed funny. But now that I forgot why I ended up with "Chamy," I'm aware it's not funny at all hehe

I got a project car recently, which I got for a minor restoration project and I don't know what to call it honestly. I'm thinking of calling it "Blackie" since it's black and for it to have the same name as Eric Clapton's black stratocaster. Yeah I think I'll call him Blackie then... Good thing I blogged about this. I only remembered Blackie while typing! haha

Will post pics if I do find some :)

Cy


No comments: