Thursday, January 28, 2010

Don't Forget To Remember!

Preaching To Myself

More often than not, I need to make time to preach to myself so I can be reminded of things I already know and understand...

Case in point:

I tell people to be prepared for live shows. I even wrote a tutorial on it and a guideline but one day, I found myself in panic. 

I had a corporate event. I had my suit, my lineup, songs, everything... but when I got to the hotel for the show, I realized that I left...

THE POWER SUPPLY OF MY LAPTOP.

And this is where the gladness of switching to a Mac comes in play. I was in panic but after making calls, my friend near the hotel was gracious enough to lend me his power supply. The show was a success and I went home happy. 

Now, had it been a PC, I would've just cried because of all the incompatibilities of power adaptors from brand to brand. 

Knowing myself to always triple checks, I still find it weird I missed that power supply and left it on top of my desk. I had all my cables and gear but no power for the source. Great right?

Now I know better.

And to you reading this, be happy you're not as forgetful as me! 

Take care and don't forget to remember! hahaha

Cy


No comments: