Monday, January 4, 2010

edrums!!! First Impressions...

Once I opened the box, it was so overwhelming to imagine the setup needed for the stand and the rest of the kit. It took me a full hour just to set it up whereas I can setup a typical acoustic kit in less than 10... maybe even 5!

There were tons of parts, joints, screws, etc but it's been a while since I put something together so it was a fun experience. 

Unfortunately, the whole kit was missing one screw so I'll have to go back to Perfect Pitch tomorrow to report it. 

I tried out the set a month back which was the main reason I got convinced in getting it... plus the research I did when I got home coz I really wanted it already but the price was no joke so I had to let days pass to think about it and decide wisely. I figured it would be very useful for work, recording, the band, and myself as I want to get back into drumming and loosen up my drumming joints since it's been a while since I played the drums seriously.

Goin back, after setup, I immediately got my headphones out to jam a bit then later got my ipod so I can jam with some tunes... 2 hours later, I still found myself drumming away. haha

I'm now back in front of the computer to report to you guys how it went. It was fun. 

I really hope drumming can be counted as good exercise with the sweating and the movement.

It's fun to be playing once again without thinking of any gig, project, or whatever behind the playing...  all for fun. All for the music.

Cy

No comments: