Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flying with Colds!

Flying...

I love flying. I wish I could say that coz I'm superman but I'm not. I'd have to make do with the next best thing, which is riding planes.

I like the experience. I did say I love flying right? I didn't say though I love the long line to check in and waiting for delayed flights... Oh my, delayed flights... don't get me started. My delayed flight story is one blog entry long so I'll skip that. 

I'd like to focus on flying with colds.

Have you tried that? 

DON'T.

I've experienced it twice and it's not the best feeling. I won't wish that to anyone. I could just imagine the pain of babies with colds and it's not something I'd like to imagine. 

Flying with colds is the worst feeling while flying. For those with phobias of flying, your exempted from this because I'm sure that's the worst but for the rest of us, I'd say flying with colds is. 

It's like your ears are trying to pop from the inside. I'm sure you'll say but isn't that how it is in planes? Imagine not being able to hear anything while someone's forcing cotton buds to your ears but it's coming from the inside and you can't do anything to ease the pain. Was I able to describe it correctly?

Anyway, they say it helps to have a candy, gum, or something to help you chew and swallow but I'm afraid it's not as easy as that. When you have colds, apparently, it doesn't work. They say ear plugs might help. I haven't tried that. It's not like I didn't bother to. I was just in so much pain to even remember that. 

So there... After I landed, it took my ears I believe 3 days to hear again...

It really is that bad.

My advice? Don't get sick before a planned trip. Please.

Cy

No comments: