Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Helicopter

We weren't well off when we were younger. Until now, my "Nanay" would tell me stories of her trying to catch roaches just to put in a plastic because I liked watching it move inside... Praise God we weren't that down and out that I had to play with roaches... that was just part of my weirdness as a kid hahaha

I remember going to BF Paranaque to watch those RC races and that's what I did... watch! I didn't have the money to buy one and my folks really couldn't get me one as well.

I remember the happiness I felt when the junior RC was created. It was like, "wow! a cheaper version! Hooray for me!!!" But as mentioned, we couldn't afford the nicer ones so even a Tamiya was out of the question. It was indeed trying times but I'm glad that my parents were able to support our family. I wasn't able to get a Tamiya but they got me a Junior RC that their money could afford. 

When I got to school, I had to build up stories about my car and how fast it was because it had to rely on its "first impact" to even be remembered haha and true enough, everyone was behind my car and I lost hahaha funny times. 

Anyway, fast forward to today when things are cheaper and affordable...

Imagine, a working RC car wasn't in my scopes before because I knew it was too much. How much more for helicopters right? But now I'm older... I could buy one and I did! haha

It's cheaper now and even if it's still not those expensive non-asian made ones, it's still worth it. The joy of seeing it fly was something and I was taken to my childhood years of wanting and it was so good to "play" with it. And I don't feel bad that it's not one of those gas powered ones or whatever since I haven't taken it out of the box since the Christmas vacation! hahaha So I guess that's where my adult self came in and left the "child on vacation" back in Davao. 

But still... I'll take it out next week. I hope. Oh please... I hope I do.

Cy

No comments: