Monday, January 11, 2010

First Gig Of The Year... Lookin Good... sandwich, pedicab, rivermaya, imago...

Just finished a birthday gig of a friend and had an awesome lineup and was thrilled to once again be in the same lineup with Imago, Rivermaya, Sandwich, Pedicab, Juan Pablo Dream, and Razorback (who unfortunately wasn't able to play). Good thing Pepe Smith jammed with Rivermaya for Beep Beep. Swabe!

Being a fan of Pinoy musicians, it seemed like it was also my birthday haha in the sense that in one night, I was able to enjoy the music of these great bands and not just any band. I kept calling it the "free concert" to my friends.

We opened the night, which I'm pretty sure was because we're the most "unfamous" among the list but it's not the point hehe. WE enjoyed ourselves, played a rocking set, all for the birthday boy!

One perk of being a musician myself is being friends with all these talented people. I still am a little fanboy inside and it's nice to have that privilege to be able to approach them without hesitation and the fact that they remember or know me really brings a smile to my face. At the very least they don't have that air of "rockstardom" which I'm glad I haven't experienced with other artists yet. It's nice even just to say hi to them and do some catching up. 

I remember the first time I met Kevin Roy, I was in ultimate fanboy mode... years later, I ended up doing some shows with him and he's a great guy and even after the shows, he remembers and even greets me first. O diba? hehe

But tonight, I guess the nice thing that happened was when Diego Mapa approached me after his set coz he was doing effects with his voice during their set with Pedicab and told me he got it from ME! hehehe I was thrilled to find out and was equally glad that he even bothered to tell me that. He even followed it up with "I'm glad you were here to see it!" Who would've thought that little ol' me would be able to add to the live show of one of the famous acts in the country? Aliw!

The night was rockin, the people were all happy, and the birthday party was a success.

I do hope Lovecore was able to make a mark and hopefully make the name ring for people who liked our set. Let's see...

Happy birthday again to the Junacles family hehe

Cy




No comments: