Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sharing Stuff Online with Safari and Knowing If You're Reaching Anyone with Your Blog

In this installment of my blog, I shall be covering two useful sites that I stumbled upon tonight. This is useful if you're a blogger or one of those addicted to Facebook or Twitter, and to you who simply like to share things. Aren't you a generous bunch? :)

1. ShareThis.com - I found this quite useful since it encourages viral communication aka "sharing." I especially find this very useful for Safari since they have the sharethis bookmarklet, which I sorely miss in Firefox as a Facebook user. What the bookmarklet does is you have a shortcut on your bookmarks bar on your browser which you simply click on if you're on a site you want to share with the world. In firefox, Facebook had their own which you simply used to share on FB. Yesterday, I found out that it wasn't available for Safari so imagine how happy I was to discover this tonight. What Sharethis does is it takes it up a notch. Not only can you share on FB, you can share to tons of sites that you're on from Twitter to email. There are just too many to mention so I'll leave that to you to discover coz I know you can't wait to get it. So go!



2. Statcounter.com - This is pretty basic. As with all bloggers, I wonder if my blog ever does reach any pair of eyes. I wish to help people with my posts but if nobody's reading, then what good am I doing the world, right? So I'm doing this experiment to see if people do actually visit my site. This ain't your cheesy "visitor site counter" types. It's a nice little counter that is reflected with your own account on their site which you can customize and install on any site that you have. Pretty handy :)


Enjoy these two.

You have less than a day to avail of the www.macheist.com giveaway. Get the apps now!

Till then

God bless

Cy

No comments: