Sunday, November 8, 2009

Make Your Own Robot Voice a la "satisfaction" in Mac

Everybody says that everything's simpler on a Mac.

I found one thing that isn't! Do I get a prize? hahaha

I wanted to record something internally like streaming audio or in my case, I wanted to record the robot text to speech sound and surprisingly, it's more difficult with a Mac...

All is done with a freeware software named Audacity on both platforms.

With a PC, all you have to do is select stereo within the program and voila!

With a Mac. you can't. So Macheads, here's how you do it coz it's not that simple with audacity. 

Download Soundflower.

Open Audacity.

In your mac system preferences, select soundflower as your output ch 2.

Then in Audacity, select soundflower as your input. 

Then open your text editor (assuming you've enabled text to speech already including the command to speak)

press record on Audacity and then let your mac read the text you typed in your text editor. 

Enjoy... till you get your... satisfaction hehehe

Cy

(I intentionally didn't include a tutorial on how to enable and configure text to speech because I'd like you to do some research also hehe)



No comments: