Friday, November 27, 2009

A Nice Ring To A Name...


I like the name Republikha. I like what they do more...

I just came from doing a fund raiser for Republikha. The non-profit organization calls what they do empowering children through music. I remember their video earlier which wrote "education is our message. Music is our medium." Something to that effect in case I got it wrong. With how children learn and pick up, what better medium to use but the global language of music, right?

The theme for tonight was children's songs. All acts were asked to do a children's song to include in their sets. I did Sesame Street hehehe I really had fun doing it even if I was up to my neck with things to do and the pressure of finishing a set for tonight, it went well (Praise God!!). Shared the stage with tons of very talented artists Brigada, Coffee Break Island, Peryodiko, Abby Asistio, Carlos Castano,  and Tiny Cactus. 

It's great doing gigs for causes. There's no pay but I feel fulfilled knowing that I can be an instrument of change in my own little way through the music that God has blessed me with.

Find small ways you can get involved in anything to help others. 

You can show your support to the group by going to republikha.org :)

Cy

No comments: