Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bora Gig Day

I don't usually try to get up early for no reason but hotel breakfast is one of them so I got up around 9 to make it for breakfast deadline haha

After breakfast, we hung out and chatted with Funkavy, DJ Red-I, Soulflowa, and Wendell from MTV. We talked quite long that it was almost lunch when we finished so we headed down to Pearl of the Pacific for our lunch and soundcheck. 

Unfortunately, when we were about to go for soundcheck, it rained hard. Everyone was in that "scared" mood coz the event was just a few hours away. It was a blessing that it was only a quick but hard shower. Once everything was wiped down, we did soundcheck. Good thing the sound system was kinda slow in setting up that we hadn't set up anything at all before the rain poured. 

After soundcheck, we headed back to the hotel and I went back to sleep to prepare for the long night ahead. 

When I woke up, I took a quick shower then i was off for make up and costume since MTV provided for our costumes for the night. I didn't want to look scary since my costume was already that of a zombie so I went with a white masked zoro type of make up haha

After preparation, we all headed down to Pearl for the gig. It was around 11pm already and Soulflowa was spinning some serious dubstep. She was owning those dubstep beats. Made me a fan of the genre immediately! hehe Anyway, after her, Tropical took on the stage then my duo set with Funkavy. Mid-set, we had tropical Depression come up again for our jam with them as they sang over remixes I did of Bilog ang Buwan and some other reggae tunes. After our jam, We went back to our duo DJ-live set and I closed the night with a short live set. 

After pack-up, we took our gear back to the hotel and went down again to check out the party at Hey Jude which was pretty much still alive at that time. I didn't stay long though when I found out that my flight was not Monday but Sunday. I kinda lost my "good gig mood" and kinda felt bad that I had to get up early to arrange everything to rebook. 

Sunday to follow...

But before I end, the photo here is the money shot hahaha


No comments: