Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Wolfmann Remix

This is quite an emotional remix. I did this after Wolfmann passed away. Wolfmann or Wilf was my closest friend in the electronic music scene especially when I was starting out. We somehow grew up together in our own sounds and scenes. I remember our gear talks and such and it was such a tragedy when he passed. In my upcoming album toward the end of the year, there's actually a tune I wrote for him.

For this remix, I called it a soundtrack mix because there's that feel all throughout with the progression. the tune starts with a triplet feel then drops into some string orchestration in the middle part, and rips into a massive breaks tune towards the end like an action sequence type of thing. Listening to the end part now reminds me of early Chemical Brothers :)

I also used the vocals from the original for this remix. I remember the limitations I had here was the time limit given that's why some of my friends found the breakbeat part a bit hanging since I was working with a 4:30 min limit I think. 

My favorite parts are the strings and that massive filtered synth I had ripping through at the breakbeat part. If you'll notice, it's not really as synced as it should be. When I started making electronic music, I was so precise and always locked in everything to the dot. But after reading a lot about how electronic artists can humanize their tunes, one thing we can do is to not do everything in sync or locked or quantized. Let's also let our human feel take over and leave it at that to avoid the mechanical sound timed beats bring.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, get the album for free at http://www.silverfilter.com/interpreter2.html

Enjoy!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: