Sunday, August 7, 2011

Latest non-musical toys to be used for music related things

Nm_toys

I'll be doing a more in-depth review of each but for now let's go with introductions. On the right is a the Zoom Q3HD recorder. It's has HD video recording and a pro-grade recording mic which is SUPERB. Unfortunately, the HD branding on the unit fails as it only represents HD resolution but not the clarity and quality you'd expect :( The one on the left is the GoPro HD Hero camera. It's an awesome little thing and I only have good things to say about it! Can you see how small it is!? hehe 

Anyway, I plan to use them together where the Q3 HD handles the audio while the GoPro handles the video. For regular basic recordings though, the GoPro has its own mic built in. Unfortunately, it only records in mono so it's merely just to save the memory or document some sounds while shooting but if you're after audio fidelity like me for recording shows, gigs, or whatever, best to have the Zoom around. The Zoom is good in daylight for video but I really don't know how it can pass as HD especially for the night shots or concert shots. It's really that bad. My Sony Cybershot point and shoot digicam that records in HD has even better video! 

Good thing is, both are available locally! 

So there... I plan to use these for my video reviews and shows as well as for little personal projects of mine like a music video just for fun. Let's see!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: