Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Kala Remix

This one originally appeared on the Nokia compilation CD and I believe Kala's album. this version on Interpreter is re-mixed and remastered though but nothing's changed really. 

I actually can't remember how I hooked up with Kala. I believe they contacted me for a remix for their album. It's been years and I just recall meeting up with them in greenbelt discussing the direction of the remix. 

To be honest, this remix surprised me. I didn't know it would turn out this way. It's a bit on the deeper, light, jazz, pop, and mixed bag of house. I really can't describe it but all I can say is I love it. One of the best remixes I've done if I may say. I really enjoyed doing this and how it came out!

My favorite, as biased as it sounds, is the guitar solo hehe I used my (now gone) black Epiphone Les Paul Custom for the solo. The inspirations for my remix were the Miguel Migs tunes and the Nude Tempo releases and one sound you can always find in those is the guitar and there are quite a few favorites of mine on those releases where it had a guitar solo and so I felt it was fitting for me to include one in the remix as a nod to my influences at the time. It is also why it's called Deep Sands mix since those releases were commonly heard in beach house compilations, mixes.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, get the album for free at http://www.silverfilter.com/interpreter2.html

Enjoy!

Cy

 

 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: