Monday, August 15, 2011

The Funkavy Remix

We're back. 

Funkavy and I go way back playing gigs back to back and more. I actually first saw him in a gig I did in Tagaytay. One thing I cannot forget is how Funkavy thanked me for getting him back on the saddle since he gave up producing at the time and when he saw me do a live PA gig at the club he was playing in, he somehow got inspired and tried his hand again and developed himself and later on got his deal with Fusion Recordings. I guess that's a real accomplishment for me, that I get to inspire people with music and later on find themselves grabbing hold of their dreams. It's a real humbling experience and a huge blessing as well.

This particular remix was initially supposed to be for Funkavy's label as a possible remix of one of his tracks for the label. Unfortunately, it didn't pass their standards at that time. This was I think around 4 yrs ago. Man, when I listen to the original one I sent, I realized I had more to learn so what you hear mixwise in the release is a vast improvement over the original one I sent. This is not to say that the track I did was crap to my ears. I actually loved it at the time which is why among all the remix studies I did, it's the one that made it to them. But then again, it's all about taste and they weren't so much into it... which is why I call it the silverfilter's Reject mix. (now you know why). The remix is done under the electro house genre coz it was huge at that time and that was what they required so it's the direction I took.

I remember the only thing I used for the remix were the vocals, bass synth, and some loops, from the tune that got passed on to me from their end. 

I'm interested to find out how this sounds in a club especially once it picks up in the middle... If you're a DJ, let me know if you try to play this out hehe

Hope you enjoyed this remix I did for my buddy Funkavy.

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: