Monday, August 15, 2011

The Nyko Maca Remix

When I did this, my good friend, Madz was still with Nyko Maca. 

Among the remixes on Interpreter, I believe this is the one that really differs in style as it's a bit on the deeper, jazzy, house style, which is quite refreshing and I am hoping it can also tap into an entirely different listener base.

The remix is made up of rhodes sounds and a funky bassline (which I loved making). I think one of my marks is how I make my basslines... I just love programming my own. I remember being told before that my basslines are too playfull and that I should try something more under. But for this particular tune and style, the playfulness of the bass works to the track's advantage!

My favorite part is the progression of the whole track on how it gently picks up and just adds on to the overall groove. I loved the vocals of course. 

I called it Funky Maca mix just because I found the groove of the track funky... and funky maca sounds nice hehe

If you haven't downloaded it yet, get the album for free at http://www.silverfilter.com/interpreter2.html

Enjoy!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: