Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Kaz Remix

This remix is an odd one. 

My friend Dan passed this remix on to me for Kaz. I've met Kaz early in my live PA days though i don't know if she'd still remember me. The original of this piece is not a tune but a spoken piece, that's why it's called prose mix. This is actually one of the oldest remixes in this release, that's why you'll somehow hear that classic house sound in the feel of the tune. I'd say fatboy slim influenced :)

If you feel there's something wrong with the vocals in the stutter edits, there really aren't any. I intentionally made those in the final re-edit for this release. When I did the remix back then, I was pretty open and I just let the words flow through but at this point in my life, as much as I see and appreciate the art in it, I feel I have a social responsibility toward my listeners so I had to somehow censor some words especially those with sexual undertones. I may have not represented the lines fully but that's why it's called my remix hehe I can do whatever I want with it haha

My favorite is the part "pilllssssss to forrrrgeeeettt" I just love it. hehe It reminds me of that stretched voice in Higher State of Consciousness.

I really do hope Kaz gets to listen to this :)

If you haven't downloaded it yet, get the album for free at http://www.silverfilter.com/interpreter2.html

Enjoy!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: