Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taking Breaks and Changing Locations...

As some of you know, I recently just got married (hooray!) and a lot of my time for the past year was mostly for preparation. It actually ate up all of my time that I wasn't able to make any new tracks unless of course those required for work. My usual tracks that I get to do in my free time was put aside and I missed making tunes. 

Fast forward to today, the wedding's done over a week ago and we've finally finished all the paperwork.I finally FOUND time to make music. 

Thing is, I guess I also needed the break. The moment I sat down in front of my workstation, I was immediately writing away. It was a great feeling to be back making music and music for my silverfilter project and not for anybody else. 

We sometimes find ourselves experiencing writers block when all we had to do was take a break. I know it's pretty obvious but sometimes we tend to forget especially when we try to focus too much on setting a goal to finish something. Oftentimes, we find ourselves just going in circles. Take a break. You'll be refreshed once you get back. 

One other thing is that when I wrote my new track, I wasn't in my studio. I was at my in laws' place. Sometimes it's also "inspirational" to be outside your comfort zone and in some other place where there's a change of atmosphere and basically everything around you is different. There's a certain "feel" or "thinking" that you'll find yourself in. It may not be in your in laws' place, but it may be at the park, a coffee shop, anywhere. Try it, you might like it :)

Enjoy your music making...

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: