Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Power of a Dot (.) For Your Gmail Account

Perhaps some of you may be aware of this but I'm pretty sure more aren't so I'm sure you'll enjoy this entry and will prove useful...

 

Did you know that you can use a dot in your email account, put it anywhere, and still get it in your inbox?

So for example you have the address originally as prettylady@gmail.com, then you can use pretty.lady@gmail.com or p.r.e.t.t.y.lady@gmail.com or wherever you want to put the dot, and still end up receiving all emails to those addresses into your original account. 

You may be thinking, why the heck would I want to do that?

Well, this is where the fun starts...

Say for example you join a particular site and for this example, I'll use twitter. 

If I want to have 3 accounts for twitter like one for my personal life, another related to work, and the other related to promoting my band, I can use 3 variations of the same email using the dots to apply for those 3 accounts and get updated for everything all in one email add! It simply just makes things easier for getting updated on activities on our particular accounts because it doesn't matter how many we make, we can monitor all of them via a central hub which is the original email address :)

So there, I hope that helped you out sort your other social networks. I know how hard it is to log off then log on between email addresses just because we used a different email add for another network and this solves that issue :)

Enjoy the freedom!

Cy

 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: