Monday, February 21, 2011

Mallows

I set aside my tech ramblings as I need to write this down because my emotions cannot handle what's happening...

I love dogs. And I'm sure a lot of the people who really know me know that. So it's saddening that one dog that I love is very very sick. 

Mallows is the dog of Bernice's sister but of course it's collectively their family dog and I am saddened with her condition. Her mom says she's suffering from Parvo and upon further research via google, it seems she is :( I can't honestly take looking at her in her condition when she was that one dog that reminds me of that time I was courting Bernice because she's the dog inside their house and it took some time for her to get to know me but we became very close. More than four years down the line, I'm married to Bernice and she made it. But it is with a heavy heart that I write this because it looks bad and coupled with her old age, I'm afraid of what may happen. I tried looking at her but I find myself holding back the tears because of who she is to my wife and how much love that dog had shared with their family and to me as well over the years. They're not bringing her anymore to the vet in her condition as she is critical already and at this point, they're now concerned with protecting the remaining 2 dogs from the virus. It's sad that they're feeling hopeless at this point and all I can do now is pray. 

Should the time come, I'd like to believe there is a dog heaven and I'm sure my sister swings by that part of heaven once in a while since she loves dogs as well. I'd tell her to wait for Mallows and adopt her to take home to the mansion God gave her, and give Mallows a nice little dog house with 2 cement columns because Mallows loves that.

:(

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: