Monday, February 7, 2011

Becaue I ran out of things to write, here's John Mayer...

I didn't know what to write today. My mind was blank at the same time filled with millions of ideas to write about... maybe coz of so much of it, it turned into a blur and a blank... 

So I thought, what does John Mayer write in his blog. I remember more than a year back, he was very active in his blog. So I visited his site... It hasn't been updated for almost half a year already but here's what was left of it for now...

TO THE FANS

Thank you all so much for making the Battle Studies tour such a huge success and a pleasure. I’m going to miss seeing your faces every night. Thanks for singing along. And for accepting me. You don’t know how good that feels. And thanks for the signs, the clever, funny, awesome signs. And for letting me play both my pop radio hits and a 15 minute long jam while giving it the same level of appreciation. Thanks for buying a ticket when money is tight, for waiting in traffic to both enter and leave the venue, and thank you for telling your dubious friends to come with you and see what this “Mayer” guy is all about. Thank you for being fans and thank you for giving me the awesome life I have. 

 

Time to (try to) disappear for a while. Love you guys. A lot.

John

I was there during the concert and as mushy as it sounds, his entry somehow spoke to me and I'm sure to everyone who was there. It brought me back to that night and the whole experience despite the rain. His thank you was written well and I especially liked the part about the pop tunes and his jam being given the same level of appreciation because as a huge fan, I know that a lot of people just know him coz of his pop stuff but fail to appreciate his blues side, which I like more. He also thanked the people for getting a ticket even if money's tight... because it was for me... and to think that the cost of the ticket for the Philippine concert was I heard the highest ever, it really was something.

And so there we are... reminiscing about that night. 

Man, I miss my strat.

Cy

 

 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: