Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!

This really is a want more of a need. But I guess it's more 50/50? :)

VRM technology has been around quite a while but only appeared with Focusrite's higher end interfaces. Now, they just released JUST the VRM tech and housed it into a small box. 

I am sometimes called out to produce music outside the studio and since I cannot bring the whole studio with me with monitors and all, the VRM box can help because it simulates various listening environments as if you were listening through different studio monitors with models from Genelec, KRK, Auratone, and the famous Yamaha NS10! It also has other more speakers so you can cross reference your mixes among them. I am excited to try this and for a lot of musicians who cannot afford to get a lot of monitoring systems, this one can help a lot for sure. I for one will find use for it as it will "help" my mixing to an extent by having different speakers to listen to from time to time. It is also accompanied by its own software for the VRM setup.

Of course, make sure you get some decent monitoring headphones so the sound can be represented as close as possible :)

It's priced at $99 so it's really cheap I guess given the money you save if you bought the actual speakers!!!

I have to mention though, that it is not totally recommended to mix on headphones alone. I plan to get this as an additional set of pseudo speakers for my mixing and not to replace my current setup. 

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: