Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More Reasons To Get An iPad... Air Display

For some users, a 2nd monitor is vital for the way we work or sometimes, just for the heck of it. In comes Air Display. 

What air display does is it makes your iPad act as a 2nd monitor to your Mac. 

Of course, I won't be just posting some videos. I'd also like to share some of my thoughts. 

You'll see later in the videos that it acts a bit sluggish but depending on your intended use, I think it's a pretty nifty application that adds more functionality to your iPad than just using it to surf hehe The beauty on top of this is that it not only gives you a 2nd monitor but you can actually touch your computer programs!

For me, I'm looking at it more for music making. Imagine using it with Reason or Record like drag my Reason window into it and actually "touch" my ReDrum and create beats using the XOX without the mouse! But I'm really looking forward to using it with Record's mixer. I plan to use mine portrait style and have my Record mixer beside me so I can tweak with my fingers. It sounds fun! :) So I guess by now, part of the video's loaded so watch it first.

This is the main reason for me :)

 

but for general use, here's a quick demo I saw online

 

ok done watching?

If you're an electronic musician, read on!

I find this as a cheap alternative against dedicated wireless midi controller apps like TouchOSC etc. It may not be as quick or responsive I'm guessing but I'm hoping it may get the work done. Try it out if you can. I believe it's $10 only so if you still decide to get a dedicated midi controller app, you'd still have air display ready for 2nd monitor duties :)

Cy

 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: