Friday, February 18, 2011

My Headphones

My first professional pair of headphones was a pair of Pioneer HDJ500s. I loved those but over the years and constant use, the foam and body wore out and it's not comfortable to wear or even look at anymore.

I then upgraded to a pair of HDJ1000s. I don't know if it's just me but I liked the sound of the 500s more. they say coz those are made in Japan. I don't know the real reason. And mine broke when I accidentally packed it quickly after a show. I still use it to this day and I just superglued it. I actually have a backup pair, which I got as a gift from my girlfriend then (wife today).

My other headphones now are a pair of Rolands that I got free from buying my electric drums and a pair of Samsons which I got for the recording room for use of singers. 

My favorite though are my Sennheiser HD25-1 II headphones. I got it coz of the great reviews it was getting. I read that not only is it a great pair of cans for DJing but it's awesome for the studio as well. It's a bit expensive from your typical pair of headphones but it's worth it. I've been using it for a while already and the reviews are true ladies and gentlemen. I love it for mixing tunes! It's a great pair for reference monitoring and a great alternative for your studio monitor speakers. The sound is very detailed and the good thing with headphones is that you can really hear the smallest details and that's where I feel that my purchase has been worth it. Another thing i noticed is even with prolonged use, it doesn't hurt on the ears unlike my Pioneers which hurts the ears after a while. 

If you're into great sound, I'd highly recommend the Senn's. Please don't tell me about Beats. It's overhyped and I don't plan on getting a pair. I love my Sennheisers. If I had the money to get Beats, I'd just get another pair of the HD25s!

Oh yeah, and I got it coz Richie Hawtin uses it hahaha

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: