Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Village On Facebook?

As #3 on the list of 100 blog topics to write comes "Should My Town Use Social Media?" Now I felt that to make it more in tune to my immediate surrounding, I felt that even just our village could do. 

This actually made me think how our village can benefit from using social media...

Perhaps a village Facebook page would be nice. I know I'll be subscribing to this or even "liking" the page. As a homeowner, I also am concerned about certain things going on around the village and it would make things easier voicing certain concerns if we did have a Facebook page. At the same time, the village officials can also disseminate news quicker and even reach the younger age group who are always online. This way, as early as their teens and in their young adult stage, we could all be aware and contribute to the betterment of the community we live in. 

Twitter account? um, I'm not too sure about that. maybe but I doubt I'd be following the twitter account of my village hehe

These blog topics are challenging but nice at the same time. It kinda tweaks my brain off the usual topics and things my mind usually focuses on. It's healthy hehe

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: