Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Beauty of Stopping...

It's been said time and again but I guess there's no harm in reminding people...

We should all, as they say, Stop and smell the roses.

Whatever we're doing or we have been doing, there's always room to stop and take stock of what you have achieved so far, where you see yourself presently and where you see yourself going. 

We often find ourselves so preoccupied with the things that keep going and going around us that the world seems to be simply rushing. When in fact, we could all stop and breathe. 

In my case, I can sit in front of my computer everyday making tunes. I can sit with a guitar trying to come up with either chord progressions or sit down and write lyrics as much as I can but in all of these, there's room to stop. I've learned over the years that stopping helps my creative juices get its much deserved rest. It also helps me appreciate the beauty of the process of creation. When you find yourself lost in creating something, times will come when the fascination for it dwindles. Whereas when you realize, even in the simplest of creations, the fact that you are creating something that can change lives because of the "art" that you create, you take hold of it better. 

I can even go months now without writing any new tune. I can skip those writing sessions "just for the sake" of writing. 

I can find myself just enjoying life doing something else than getting caught up with "being creative" when its purest and most inspired form comes when we least expect it.

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: