Thursday, September 2, 2010

Free up Gigabytes in your Mac

I noticed some performance lag in my Mac and I was surfing the net for optimization tips and tricks. I wanted to defrag my HD but those defrag softwares aren't freebies. Anyway, I came across this tip of removing all those language options coz quite frankly, most of use our Mac's with the default English setting right? Possibly none of the people who may read this entry of mine use the arabian, french, or other languages except for English. So I gave it a try and downloaded monolingual. The program deletes all those options from your system and to my surprise, you know how much those were taking up?

4 Gigabytes... It definitely created much needed space in my HD.

Without further ado, here's the link.

http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: