Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Time Has Come...

If you're reading this, I'd say if not lucky, you're pretty fortunate because I will pour out a bit of my heart in this entry. You won't win a prize and it may turn out not to be a big deal for you but it is for me and that is why I am sharing it with you.

I am finally finished with my latest album. This particular album has been, believe it or not, almost a decade in the making... ok around 6-7 years. Manila Electronica, my latest, is finally seeing the light of day in a few weeks. This album is a collection of all the styles I enjoyed making over the years. In a funny way, it may sound like the "best of" but this album isn't a collection of my so-called best... especially since I don't have a ton of releases to start with. But this one is a personal selection of tracks I've done, which represents the different sounds and stages I've been in ever since I took on a more serious path doing electronic music. It's a mix of a lot of styles/genres and I tried to have each represented but I can't cram everything on one CD so I made it a point to at least include those which I haven't included in any release I've made may it be free or not.

Unfortunately, this album is the last for a few years that'll contain a mix of different styles. The upcoming releases are more genre-based like Devotion, which just covered a particular style, so this is why this particular release is close to my heart. It is essentially the evolution of me as silverfilter. 

The styles covered here are trance, DnB, house (various styles like deep, funky, etc), techno, breaks, and a lot more. 

This will be released in CD format and a digital version is to follow soon. An album tour is in the process of planning and it's not rest time for me as I have to prepare big time for the tour of the album making remixes of the songs to make it ready for a live setting. A lot of work but my simple reward is the fact that after all the years I've perfected the songs in the album, I can finally release it to the world. The delay has been bad for me and this is why I'm SO happy that it is coming out.

Expect it this July... coincidentally, Devotion also got finished and delivered in July I believe a year ago. 

Next album would be a surprise. It won't take long.

Thanks again for all the support. I know you guys are few (for now) but I'm hoping to share my music to more people and to have more Pinoys get into the local dance electronic artists.

May God bless you all. I am humbled by your belief in what I do. 

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: