Monday, June 7, 2010

Pulling a Crowd and Then Some...

It was our first gig with the rest of Lovecore at Penguin Makati last Saturday. 

To be honest, I really had a hard time. I don't know why but I just couldn't pull in the people into our sound. I've seen some people moving and grooving but I just felt that big wall between us. I may be just being a bit hard on myself but that's how I felt. I hope we could do better the next time.

Highlight of the night however was different...

About to leave, I was asked if I could help out the band inside coz their drummer hasn't arrived yet. They said just play 3 songs till he arrives. Turns out it was Bembol Rockers! I loved their sound but I wasn't confident I could pull off and bring something to their sound but I'm glad I stepped out and just took the challenge... I ended up playing the whole set! I think we played like 12-15 songs and we really rocked the place! I really enjoyed it and it was nice being behind the drums once again. It was a welcome experience. Unfortunately, it was to be their last show for a few months since their bassist was leaving for another country. 

It was just one of those pleasant surprises God threw at me and it was nice. Really brought a smile to my face.

Cy

Posted via web from silverfilter living

No comments: