Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Regrets. Remorse. Reasoning.

Regret. I wasted a whole day... or maybe was productive for 1/4th of it. The rest was just wasted surfing and reading and reading on stuff. Researching, and looking into options as to not spend or waste money on stuff I don't need. Maybe it can help me, maybe not. I just feel I wasted the day. 

Remorse. Part of it is feeling sellers remorse for selling a lot of my synths namely my Korg Prophecy, Roland JD800, and Korg MS2000. for some strange reason I felt so bad letting them go. I wish I had all my gear here with me. But then again, I had to make the conscious decision to sell those that I don't use at all. Having been mostly software-based, I have my synths gathering dust. As much as I'd love seeing them in the studio, I need to declutter my life... and unfortunately, there are days like these that hit me bad and remorse sets in. 

Now I want to get a hardware synth that I like. But no money for getting one makes the feeling harder.

Reasoning. Add to the fact that I'm confused at my live setup at the moment. a part of me tells me to embrace the software route I recently took. My old self tells me to look into my all hardware setup and build up on it. Really confused...

Cy

Posted via web from silverfilter living

No comments: