Friday, June 18, 2010

All Aboard... The Night TRAIN!

Been waiting for weeks for this.

Being a fan of Train, I was looking forward to seeing them live. My main goal was to have all my CDs signed especially the older ones. I got up today excited. I woke up and prepared my CDs... unfortunately, I couldn't find all of it so I just brought one (boo) but it was still something. I just wanted them to know how big of a fan I am and be glad to have huge fans over here. Anyway, I rushed off to work and tried to finish as early as I could and left. Picked up Berns and headed to Town Center for the concert. 

I was told that there was special privileges for Ayala Card holders and I was confident that since I had a card, I won't have any problem... I didn't know that they still had rules for A cardholders! I had to have 1000 worth of any purchase from the mall that day. I was so frustrated. Not because I had to spend (I would've paid thousands had it been a paid concert just to see them live). It was because I arrived just in time for the concert to start and I didn't have time to go around and find something worth 1000, that I liked. I was bombed. I had to stand at the back and enjoy the show from there. 

Now, as if my experience wasn't to turn sour, after the concert, ONLY those within the Ayala and VIP seats were allowed for the meet and greet and the album signing... now I was feeling totally rotten. I went there as fan and I really felt they should let me in... "I even brought an old CD!" hehe 

BUT 

God's favor truly shines even in the little things that matter to me... the person we asked earlier where to line up for signing (same person who explained how the Ayala priority worked) suddenly told her colleague to give us VIP passes JUST LIKE THAT!!! Praise God! God's favor (plus the fact that I looked like I was about to cry from frustration) made a way!

So, I entered the gates and lined up for meet and greet. Yahoo!!!

BUT

I wasn't allowed for album signing coz only 50 people were given that privilege. WOW NAMAN!

I had a goal and I was out to get it. I talked to some people who fell in line and asked them if they could have my CD signed. Some people rejected me and the lady at the back of the line was sweet enough to do so. She was really nice! She even looked at us as she went on stage for the signing smiling like saying "this is it!" It was really a nice gesture. Gladly, they also signed my CD woohooooo!

So picture, check! Album signing, check! But I still had the latest album in hand with no signature coz that was for the lady who was in line...

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. 

I waited till the very very very end and with only a few people left at ATC, they went down and had pictures taken with the fans who stayed and I GOT MY SIGNATURES! WOOHOOOOO!!!

It was a big thing for me because I really am a fan of their music and songwriting. And to be able to watch one of the bands who are in my favorites list was really a BIG blessing to me. 

FRIDAY WAS AWESOME!!!!

Cy

ps... did I mention I recorded the whole concert in Video? hahaha :)

Posted via web from silverfilter living

No comments: