Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Make Your Free Flickr Work for Your Site or Blog

Everybody knows Flickr... well I hope so. If not, head on over to www.flickr.com and see for yourself. 

I won't take the time to explain what flickr is but to be brief, it's a photo upload site. 

Now I signed up a few years back and I later hoped to utilize my account to create slideshows for my website since I didn't know how to code slideshows in the first place.

I came across a few limiting problems. At first, I didn't know free accounts only allowed 3 photo sets. I immediately used up all my photo sets coz I thought I could make one set per live show or whatever. I was mistaken. So here's my solution and I hope this can help you in your DIY indie music site. 

I now created just one set for all my live photos named "Live Gigs" Now what will separate them now from each other is via the tags instead of my initial plan of separating by photo sets. Now if I have a show in say, Club X then I can just tag it with "clubxapril272010" and all photos tagged with it can now be grouped as one. Now it gets interesting...

Once you have your photo set and tagging done, head on over to www.flickrslideshow.com and simply fill in the necessary fields and you have your own customized slideshow without the need for any coding or whatever. After that, you can just copy the code the site generates into your blog, your site, or wherever you want and you now have your own slideshow! 

Note: You can then create various slideshows according to your tags. So let's say I play in club X on Friday and club Y on Saturday, I can just change the tags and have 2 different codes for it create 2 different slideshows per night!

Hope that helped you out!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: