Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Accomplishment's Sweet Taste Short-Lived

Well, last night, I was able to finalize and polish all the 10 tunes for the event on Saturday at BHS. I then rendered everything, converted them to MP3s, loaded them to Ableton Live, and prepared the clips like warps, markers, and my ableton to APC40 setup. I gave a sigh of relief after that was done. 2nd batch of songs done. But then I have to submit 10 more tunes by Saturday or maybe Monday the latest. No time to rejoice yet. 

I just took my time and had a breather by designing some new shirts, which hopefully will see the light of day by the people making my shirts. i don't earn from it that much... I just design them, which I like doin. Did a little research as well on new designs, tried to find inspiration on the net for nice shirts and did some research on how to put up a small shirt business. I actually don't like to do the whole buy a machine thing. I just want to design and pay some company to print them including the shirts and get them to sell. That's the extent of involvement I want in doing my "shirt thing." I was telling my friend that I hardly have time to explore all the music I want and that's why I dont want anything getting in the way much by sticking my nose into the whole production and manufacturing of shirts and all. But I love shirts, ever since I could remember, I have been collecting them. I also had this idea of taking photos of all of my shirts just for the sake of it and having a collection. At least I know what I had and have and can look back at the shirts one day. I might just do that :)

Around 4 am, I loaded a DJ mix of London Electricity and jammed along to drum and bass for an hour on my drums. It was great exercise and I needed to loosen up my arms, wrists and fingers on drumming since I'll be drumming on Saturday for the event as well for the battle with the beatboxers so better check it out!

I guess I'll take a shower now before hitting the sack. 

God bless.

Cy


No comments: