Friday, April 30, 2010

Long Nights

I was asked to be one of the hosts for one of the "funny" segments in our Life conference in church. I definitely had a blast and it was nice putting my "humor" to good use especially in church hehe So, last night was our last night of hosting and those 3 nights were definitely fun fun fun...

I wasn't able to finish the last session though coz I had to rush to our 9pm call time at a fund raiser. I mentioned in my twitter earlier that I really like doing fund raisers or gigs for any cause because it makes the talent given to us more purposeful in that respect. However, our 9pm call time had us playing at 1:30... please. don't ask why... I had time to drive bernice home all the way to Bicutan from the venue and back to the venue... and I still waited a long time before we played. I don't mind waiting but I just felt that had I known it would've turned out that way, I should've just stayed for the last session of the Life conference in church. Hassle talaga... But then again, while driving, I was asking God what was my purpose in having to leave early and going to the venue. Why were we there to play? And I think the simple answer came when I was on stage talking to the audience reminding them that it's not just a fund raiser where money is involved but I also asked them to pray for the boy for a successful operation. It may be a simple task but I believe God sent me to remind those people. 

It was also a nice experience to hear the dad of the boy thank the bands and everyone who came and how grateful he was. You could really see it in his eyes and hear in his voice how thankful he was that people went to be a blessing to his kid. I really felt all warm inside. It's really nice to help out with the talent given to you.

After the gig, went straight home (with a stopover i chowking) to go straight work and that is the reason my browser is open right now and I'm typing hehe

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good stories~~ Thanks for ur sharing~~!! ........................................

Cyril said...

no problem! Thanks for reading! :)