Thursday, February 11, 2010

Timed Tweets...

If you're "quite" a sucker for Twitter then you might want to look into Hootsuite. It's been there for quite a long time already and I just didn't bother with it before but wanting to up the twitter experience on my ipod, I bought it. 

Basically it's a twitter client like most but its special feature is its timed tweets. You can prepare tweets in advance and program it in the app to be sent at a certain date. 

Now you may ask, why the need?

For me, promotion is key so a little help in tweeting on schedule will assist in visibility for album or show announcements. For now, I'm using it to preprogram sending of my daily trivia for my followers.

For addicts, you can "lessen" the frequency of flooding by instead setting intervals between tweets. That helps your followers as well.

For the rest, I'm sure you may find some use for it. I've read some people use it to remind themselves of something. 

So feel free to use and enjoy. I believe it's a huge step in your tweeting experience :)

God bless

Cy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cy / filterheads!

Been using cotweet for a while now. It's web-based so you don't need to download any software and also does timed tweets (also doing it for commercial stuff). What it doesn't have yet is predictive text output (one feature I liked about mixero), which anticipates the addressee name once you type "@"
thanks!

Cyril said...

Hi TM!

let me know who you are. I can't guess with your username haha

Anyway, I checked out cotweet and it does look good! I just don't want to shift at this point coz I just shifted from tweetdeck to hootsuite and I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

For my ipod, I use twitteriffic. I just love how it looks!

Thanks for your input! sorry for the dlay. I RARELY get comments so I didn't check until I was editing my blog settings just tonight!