Thursday, April 21, 2011

Twitter and People No Longer Interested

Doesfollow

I remember a few years back, some famous DJ followed me back after I followed him. At that time, I was ecstatic! He was even tweeting back initially but then as some twitter communications go, it stopped. Fast forward to today, I wonder if some people who decided to follow me still do because if you read some Twitter "rules" some people will say that you should automatically follow back anyone who does. But I'm guessing some just do it then unfollow after some time. And so this lead me to find out who still has me on their twitterfeeds. In comes http://www.doesfollow.com and their service. All it is is it has 2 boxes and you just need to fill in the usernames for you to find out if someone is still following either you or someone else. This helps save time than actually making you go through the whole list of followers you have looking for someone. This one only takes a click after typing in the usernames.

If you're the chismosa/o type or you just like to get in on things, you can also just put other usernames like if you wanna find out if an actor follows a particular actress or a singer follows so and so... you get the picture I'm sure. 

Twitter is about building an online relationship and if someone does unfollow you, I'm guessing that he/she may not be no longer interested in you and since it ends up with you just following them, it seems like a one way street and may just be adding to the clutter of users you need to go through daily. For me, that's where this site proves useful. It's better to keep a good list of people you follow who are also genuine in their desire to build a relationship with you. But of course if you're following a famous pop star, then that's a different topic altogether. 

Give it a try and get your twitter cleansed :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: