Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Novation Twitch

Twitch_wideangle_black
Someone posted this in one of the forums I frequent and I must say that it looks yummy!

Twitch is the latest DJ controller from Novation. They actually partnered with Serato for this. Thus, the name Twitch-Serato Itch I'm guessing. 

After watching the video, it seems like a decent hardware controller and interface for Djing and with it having additional templates for Traktor despite being marketed initially for Serato, may garner the attention of a larger DJ market. 

I believe that people will compare this with the Traktor S4 controller but I think it would be unfair for so many reasons but for me, the main thing to consider here is that it is half the price of an S4. With Twitch, you get a full DJ controller, software and a hardware interface. And if you're doing basic DJing, this one may fit you nicely and more!

Thing is, people will always associate price with quality or whatever but bottomline is, why spend more when you can do everything that you want with something that's half the price, right? And it's nice to see something new from Novation even if the market is saturated with dozens of controllers. I believe Twitch has its edge and if you go to youtube and watch the video, it looks promising with all the features they packed into it. But like all controllers, if you spend time mapping your existing one, you may not need anything like this to be honest. 

At the moment, I like the idea of this but when I look around my studio and see my controllers, I'd rather spend time knowing my controllers inside and out and set it up correctly. But if I had the money, why not?! I've been actually looking around into getting some new DJ software (Traktor 2 anyone?). But I believe there's a Traktor template for Maschine so for now that'll save me money...

I hope JB music will bring it in soon!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: