Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Been A Sad Week

People often say it's nice that I have time for myself with the way I work. Thing is, doing freelance is definitely a challenge. And to be honest, it's all because of God that I lasted this long and am continuing to do so. But there are times when I the problem really is not a lack of clients but a delay in payments and that's where it gets messy. 

Anyway, this week or rather the month that led to this seemed to be the case. A lot of client payments have been delayed and with bills to pay, I had no choice...

As some of you may know, I recently just got married and I've put a whole lot of my savings into making it happen and this post wedding thing is really something since I'm just trying to get up from it financially and delayed payments aren't really helping...

So this is why it's been a sad week... with no payments received and I already used up a large chunk of my budget for other things (insurance, car registrations, etc), I had no choice but to sell my Flying V and my Marshall amp. 

I'm telling you, it's really depressing especially since those 2 pieces have their own stories and it was really hard to see them go especially for the amount. 

It's not just about the need for money. But the fact that I already have a wife to look after and I should take the higher road and be responsible enough. 

It's really sad but it's a must. I am just looking forward at this point to how God will replace those because I really feel down because of it. 

I'd like a Gibson Explorer to take the V's place please, Lord :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: