Thursday, April 14, 2011

The silverfilter Battle Plan...

A Little over a month ago, I started on a personal project of mine: to send my music out to record labels all over the world in countries that I choose. 

It's interesting how God lines up everything and slowly takes things up a notch the more we progress...

I initially just said to myself, "just one UK label and I'll be happy." I got that UK label and I'm happier to say, 2 UK labels have picked up 2 tracks already of mine. 

But after the first UK thing, God told me "See, there's one already. Time to show you the rest..." and He sure did.

The plan He planted in my mind was to target not 1, not 3, but 7 countries. And I'm VERY happy to announce that I finally got my tunes signed in 7 countries! Wooohoooo!!!!

Here's the update so far:

US - 2 labels
UK - 2 labels
Romania
Italy
Germany
France
Denmark

In the coming months, expect my new releases under these labels from around the world. It takes a few months for them to build up a release with promotions and stuff so I can't announce anything this early. The good thing is, God's been so faithful and this is something only He can make happen... I'm not surprised, He put those ideas in my head to start with!

It's sad though that people in the Philippines will only take notice of what a Filipino does only when He or She gets recognized outside the country. Shouldn't it be that we're the first ones to support our fellow countrymen? Oh well... this is partly the reason why I sent my stuff out hoping that maybe the extra credentials would help me locally :( but Hey! We're off to a good start so it's enough reason to rejoice despite local thinking!

At the moment, I've sent the few tracks already. I'm still polishing the rest of the tunes for the other labels and ironing out contract details but everything's going very well and I'm really excited about it. 

What's next? Well, after I free my sched from all the label work, it's number 2 in the battle plan: Asian Tour. Honestly, this one's really God. I've never even given it any thought before or imagined myself doing anything like this but since the idea was birthed in me, I'm pretty sure, it's God. I'll be pouring my efforts and focus in polishing up a live set that I'll be proud to take around Asia and once i do, I'd be looking around for contacts around Asian countries to see what comes up. This is where God's divine connection will work and I'm sure His grace and favor is way ahead of me in talking to people to consider me. We shall see. 

2011's been going smooth and exciting so far and I'm sure the next quarter would be rocking. I can't wait for the 2nd half of the year for what God has in store :)

But for now, I'm excited to announce, I have been in communications with a developer for the very first silverfilter iPhone app :) 

That's it for now!

Thanks for your support and belief. 

God bless!

Cy

 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: