Monday, September 5, 2011

Native Instruments Maschine Mikro and iMaschine?

After hitting a wall today with nothing to post, here comes Native Instruments with a surprise shocker. The Maschine Mikro and the iMaschine app for iPhone and iPad!

I'm sure you can google specs and reviews but of course, seeing it's a blog, I'd rather share some thoughts about them than just do a rundown on features :)

Maschine-mikro

I was quite excited to see how SIMILAR the Mikro is to the full version. I own and use the original Maschine and it really is something. With its limitations in live use, It's pretty exciting to see Mikro and think about the possibilities. I'm hoping that it can be used alongside the original Maschine so I can have 2 running at the same time... I'm getting excited just thinking about it. But I'm not in a hurry at all to get one. It's just nice to think about it but I doubt I'll get one. The Maschine and APC40 alone is too much already to bring to a gig so let's see. For you guys who have always wanted to get the Maschine but have been turned off by the price, I think this is a perfect way to jump in. With everything THE SAME software-wise, it's a bargain. And trust me, the sound bank alone is worth the purchase :)

2_guis
Now iMaschine was something I was really surprised to see! Out Oct 1, this little app seems to be something to watch out for. If you own an IPad or IPhone, this one's worth the asking of $4.99. It's got a very limited soundbank but for some of you who just want something to play with and tap into to make some music on the go, I feel it's a nice addition to your music apps. 

So there, some surprise I myself didn't see coming! Thoughts?

Cy

 

 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: