Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Will Miss You Lola!

As I hold back my tears typing this, I say farewell to my grandmother whom I love DEARLY. The family always says I got my humor from her and I'm sure anyone who came to know her will say the same. She's a very funny lady and she has filled the lives of everyone around her especially the grandchildren with a life full of laughter. 

I will always miss her laugh and her good old stories over breakfast lunch and dinner. I shall miss her sitting in front of her little sari sari store just hanging out and greeting everyone she knows and the regulars. 

She was a very loving grandmother and a person with a very kind heart. She has put a lot of our help into school and even adopted a kid to help her out. She has always looked out for everyone and since my grandfather died when I was really young, she was both grandpa and grandma to me for my dad's side. 

It is hard for me to think that she's gone now because I always look forward to seeing her smile and hearing her laugh whenever I fly out to Davao and now that she's gone, I'm afraid the house will be very empty without her. Things will never be the same. 

As selfish as it may sound, I wasn't able to fly out in her last days because I didn't want to see her suffering. I wanted to keep the great memories in my head as it is and not remember her in bed dying. I was beside my sister and my grandfather when they passed and I didn't want another bad memory of a loved one lodged inside my head :(

I am just thankful to God that she left in peace and not in pain. She passed away 6:45am

To close this entry, I leave you with photos to show you who she is to me...

Dsc04068

Here she is smiling for the cam

Dsc04067

And here she is fooling with the cam that she didn't want any photos taken. 

I will miss you lolafilter! I love you and will always be thinking of you!

Nin

Posted via email from silverfilter living

2 comments:

maria rita cecilia said...

your post about lolafilter made me laugh, Cy! i think your lola would have loved this. reminded me of how important it is -- to be conscious of the gift of memories we bequeath to beloveds as we "move on" <3 our sympathies, Cy.

Cyril said...

Thanks a lot! I got it from her :)