Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Recording Studio's New Secret Weapon

01092011231

I remember a year back when I went out to buy studio gear for recording. I made a list and went around and I thought I had everything I needed. I really wanted to get everything in one go so that I won't miss anything and have that peace in my mind that I'm all set up. I thought wrong...

What I missed out on was that I forgot to get myself a music stand. I never realized how important it was until I had a recording session and the vocalist didn't memorize the lyrics. I was so used to thinking that vocalists should have memorized (because they should) their songs but I failed to think of those suddent songs singers come up with... and of course I later on realized I could also use one myself. 

There I was getting some clear tape and stickin it on top of the lyric sheet and onto what you may ask? a microphone stand. It of course works but it really doesn't look good and doesn't work as convenient as a proper music stand. Now, I can finally be proud of my studio because I have a proper music stand hahaha :)

Seriously though, I was happy when I got it. It was more expensive than what I thought but I decided to get the nicer one than the cheaper ones you can get for around 400 pesos. This one had real weight in it and it felt sturdy. This is not to say the cheaper one was bad since those things just need to hold paper in place anyway. But I wanted to get something that would last and that I can possibly put around my workstation area from time to time to maybe rest a controller on or something coz it really is that sturdy. 

So there. If you're running a home studio and would want to get some recording jobs, don't forget to get your music stand. It will definitely make the process easier for everyone involved :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: