Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Kick

739019356

Ok this entry has been pending for way too long now...

I was so psyched the first time I felt our baby kick. If you fathers haven't reached that point yet, prepare for a real shocker... well, not really. It was just a really nice feeling.

Imagine, your first connection with your baby...

So there I was making music in bed on the computer and Bernice goes "feel my tummy!" and the moment I set my hand on her tummy, the baby gave a really strong and surprising kick. It wasn't one of those little kicks that you feel a little push. It was one edgy and strong one and I'd like to think that our baby knew we were connecting for the first time and he/she wanted to make his/her mark properly with a nice strong kick saying "Hey dad, feel this!"

And so it was that from that moment on, you'll be able to feel the kicks once the baby's up. It's a fun feeling. Don't get frustrated at times when suddenly it's daddy trying to feel the tummy and the baby suddenly stops. It always happens to me as well. Just wait it out there's always time to feel it. 

Just make sure you make it a point to feel it even once before your wife gives birth.

Make that first connection :)

Lil_soccer_baby_boy_sticker-p217533793092819099q0ou_400

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: