Thursday, October 29, 2009

Disappointed

I am very disappointed that I didn't make it to registration. I arrived around 4pm, hoping to get in line since they finish at 9pm. When I got there, they just said they're done for the day and for me to just come back tom. I was so disappointed not because of the hassle but because I really wanted to register and at this point, I can't go back because I'm flying out for work. I pleaded with them to put me in for the day. I pleaded and pleaded and explained my predicament but they couldn't care less. i asked to be put at the very last and make me wait for hours but they still didn't consider.

I dunno...

Last election, I wasn't like this at all. I didn't even bother knowing how to register but this time's different. I really wanted my vote to count. I admit that I'm one of those late registrants but early or not, we're still all in this. If only I could register where I'm going just to be counted. I don't mind waiting for hours at all because that's definitely what I get for not falling in line early on. 

I just feel bad at how it turned out. I arrived there willing to wait for hours and was prepared for the long haul but ended up with nothing. I even came prepared so I won't have to fall in line for any photocopy or anything. But it still wasn't enough. 

I thought that when COMELEC announced the extension till 9, people who came around 4 would be accommodated. Otherwise, they could've just said it's till 4pm. 

But NO. 

Cy


No comments: