Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cafe 1771 Grand Opening

I played at the grand opening of Cafe 1771 last Saturday, July 17. It was a much awaited gig for me because of the experience and the sets I had to do. 

First set was more on deep/soulful house. It was a live electronic set but I played a guitar on top of the tunes as well. Surprisingly, my preparation paid off. I tried to do a practice run set of the tunes the other week and it was a train wreck. But I'm so glad the actual gig set went smoothly and I was really having a good time for the whole hour. 

Second set was something similar to what I did in High Street back in April but the setup for this was different. I had a 2 strings and a flute. I did my own remixed arrangements of tunes like Satisfaction, Sunshine of Your Love, Rollover DJ, Are You Gonna Go My Way, Whole Lotta Love, and even Purple Haze. It was a trip. I wish I could do it again!

I couldn't post invites prior to the event since it was an exclusive party but I'll be uploading possibly one of the remixes soon :) The remixes would appear "thin" with the instruments since I wrote these in anticipation of strings and a flute playing over it. 

More updates soon!

God bless

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: