Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pump Up Your Facebook

Like most users on Facebook, when we say Facebook applications, it can be received with both irritation or welcome. Irritation because a lot will immediately think of all those FB game updates when they hear FB apps. But then again, there are a ton of FB apps that still fall in that "welcome" reaction and that's what I'd like to help you guys out with. 

You can pump up your FB page or fanpage if you have one by utilizing these apps to pump up your page and set yourself apart. 

I'm no expert here as I'm also just trying my best to configure my page the way I want or need to perform. But FB apps will and can make FB more than just a page to find or connect with friends.

Like for example, you can use applications for RSS feeds that can bring in your blog into a section in your FB page by improving the visitor experience on your page. There's also an app that can integrate your twitter feed into your page. There are literally tons and tons of apps. There are apps that can feed your flickr photos direct onto your page. If you're on a Mac, iPhoto can directly upload to FB! So there are a million ways to beef up your page. 

Check out my page at http:www.facebook.com/silverfilterofficial and try to see what I did. 

For my fanpage, I utilized the tabs for my own youtube channel, my blog via RSS, and my music page in Reverbnation that's basically what I'm about. My fanpage is of course about the music since of course, I'm a musician and the My Band tab contains everything a fan might want to check out about me primarily. The visitors can then peruse the entire content of the page via the other tabs.

For my personal FB page, I still have my band but it's in the main page in a box on the lower left of it. I also have a box where people can join my mailing list. In the notes section, my RSS feeds into it bringing my blog to my visitors instead of them needing to visit mine.

So there you go. A lot of possibilities and directions your page can go to and become. It's really up to you and your personality to configure which applications represent you. 

Hope that helps!

To get you guys started, you can visit http://www.involver.com so that you can choose 2 free applications that they have to install on your FB page!

Enjoy!

Cy


No comments: