Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Is Lomography Really For Me!?

I've always wanted to get into photography. Even with my simple point and shoot, I even joined the little photography club we had in church. I just never got around to getting myself a DSLR. I've always wanted to but my musician side of me keeps on saying "that's already a japanese Fender Strat!" so I never bought one...

So Bernice decided to give me a Lomo cam instead. 

At first, I was really excited about it but with just the 1st roll, I stocked it up for 2 years.

Just the other day, I decided to pick it up again. I even bought myself a really nice flash for it, which I kinda spent a little on to make sure I continue with it haha

Now comes the "fun" part...

As a noob in this lomo thing, I failed to rewind the film properly that when I opened the cam door to remove the film, I accidentally exposed my 1st roll (which mattered coz it's the 1st). BIG MISTAKE. now I wasted my first memories shooting from my lomo cam...

Then I decided today to open the box of the flash I got... lo and behold, it didn't have an adaptor for my particular cam. It had an adaptor for all lomo cams EXCEPT mine...

Now if that didn't make my day, I then decided to make do with what fit and tried on the flash. Hooked it up and fired away... click... no flash... wind... click... no flash... wow pare... decided to try it on Berns' cam... click... flash! Ok great... now the flash I bought won't work with my cam. What am I supposed to do now!? Get a new cam!? That wasn't in the plan...

I went home feeling that everything's falling down the drain.

Cy

2 comments:

rexi said...

haha
give it another try man,masaya yan especially pag nadevelop na mga pictures mo. i'm not really into it pero my girlfriend uses diana f+,mukang masaya sha e hehe.ano pala lomocam moba?

Cyril said...

Ok so I just saw that people reply pala to my blogs so late reaction ako haha

Anyway, I use a Holga 135 bro. I wanna get a diana nalang cuz my holga has incompatibilities with the ring flash I bought. hassle nga eh.