Friday, August 22, 2008

Where Would I Be Today Without FruityLoops?

A decade ago, i came across a music software called Fruityloops. It was still in version 1 back then and was very basic but it was my first foray into electronic music production. Having grown from a band setting, electronic music was new to me, much more creating and producing it. Somehow, it felt empowering to create something from scratch, all the parts, on your own. This piqued my interest in delving deeper into learning it and writing more tunes. The beauty of FL, as it is known today, is its simplicity made it easy for someone like me to be makin tunes in no time. It was so easy to learn. Even if you see the latest version which has more mind boggling features, the basic process in makin music with it still makes it easy to whip up something quickly. I made tons of tracks with it over the years. When Reason came out, it took a while before i switched because i really loved FL. the bugs from the software got to me so i decided to go with Reason. But
this post is about FL and i have it to thank for my career not just as silverfilter but as a music producer/arranger and everything related to it because it got me where i am today. If not for FL, i wouldn't have bothered taking this route in music. I possibly might be stuck with just my band thing and i might be working in an ad agency by now or somewhere where i could do some creative writing. Coming across this software by accident changed my life and the chain reaction from it is something else. It's quite fascinating how some things can change your life. As simple as it is being some basic music software, it took me to a different course in life and altered my entire future and here i am today.

Cy - silverfilter
www.silverfilter.com

No comments: