Monday, August 18, 2008

Nokia 5220 launch party in Cebu

As mentioned in the updates and previous blog entries, we played at the nokia event last saturday in cebu... As promised, here's the rundown.

We arrived at The Loft around 10pm and by 11 we took the stage as Ms Badkiss lead as I along with suntheory jammed along to her first set. The main show started between midnight and 1am where jun, kevin, and skarlet sang and jammed with brian, juno, and myself. For that show, the songs i arranged were Fever and Light My Fire. I would also like to mention the setup of madz outside the venue where he handled the outer area of the venue during the early part of the night.

After our set with the singers, Patch took over for an hour with his set. I did a very short jam dj set, then brian, then all 3 of us did a quick switching deal. We played until 3am and then tunes were back to Ms Badkiss delivering an awesome final set which had me goin. After the gig, we all headed back to the hotel. My good friend from Cebu, Dj Marc, picked me up from the hotel to grab somethin to eat before i hit the sack and to do some catchin up as well. Once i got back, i slept and that was it.

No gigs anytime soon so i'm back to work. We'll be havin our Electronica Manila night on Sept 5 and that's my next live appearance. I hope to finish my latest live set by then. If not, i might have to pass my slot on. We'll see...

Cy - silverfilter
www.silverfilter.com

No comments: