Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ok so I finally got my go signal for a new album

I'm currently working on a few tracks, which I offered to donate to use for fund raising and I finally got the go signal from the beneficiary as I also needed their assistance in making the whole album possible. It's funny that it got approved and they want to release it by next month and I told them I can't finish everything in less than a few weeks since they want it exactly in a month's time and we have to consider like 2 weeks for CD pressing so that leaves me with 2 weeks to do an album. I don't think I can commit to that especially with the load I'm carrying at the moment. But it's pushing through and I'm just glad I could just give back to God what He has blessed with so richly. Besides, I'm here to spread the Good news and be a testimony of God's greatness and goodness in my life and doing this album is exactly what He made me for.

Things I have to finish...

mixdown of my band's single
2 more song arrangements for an artist
6 new songs for a foreign client due VERY early sept
and a whole lot more... (studio renovation plans etc)

It's quite overwhelming and at some point I even thought of putting on hold either my silverfilter project or my band just to get things going since I feel I'm spreading myself too thin.... but that's another story.

Anyway, I'm excited about the new side-album and funnily, I guess it'll come out before the album I'm actually finishing. But it's all good. A silverfilter album is still a silverfilter album fund raising or not hehehe

I'll keep you guys updated about it. I'm halfway with the tracks!

God bless

Cy-silverfilter
www.silverfilter.com

No comments: