Monday, June 27, 2011

silverfilter live PA remix set Fete De La Musique 2011

187782_226789304016620_8208379_n

This was my set at Fete De La Musique 2011.

But I wanna talk more about how I got to making this. 

I call it my best compromise for now because as much as I want to play out original stuff I've done, it's hard getting gigs locally as a live PA. I decided it would be fun to "sandwich" stuff I made as well as play around with some known tunes and have plain fun doing it. This is how I came up with this set of mine. It's a work in progress but I'm enjoying doing this now. I am hoping to improve on it more in the coming weeks :) All are live remixes I've done of the tunes you'll hear since it's a short set but for long sets, I'll have more original tunes of mine in between the remixes.

I have used Propellerhead Reason/Record to produce my lines and rearranged them for live use in Ableton live. I play out with an APC40, KP3 and a Pioneer EFX500. I'd integrate Maschine in the picture eventually but I'm still preparing that side of the set. Trying out this software hybrid set for now since I'm enjoying it now. Been doing all hardware for almost a decade so I'm having fun with the change at the moment until I save up for some Elektrons :)

Enjoy the music!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: